Saturday, December 6, 2008

Energy Conservation Project

Well, after much thought, and many computer problems, I decided (a while ago, but am just being able to post) to evalute what my carbon footprint is, and what I can do to reduce it. In order to accomplish this, I need to track how much I drive, my electricity usage, and the amount of trash I accumulate. My apartment is about 700 square feet, and has two very large windows, which helps heat the apartment when it is sunny, but I do live in Kodiak and the sun does not always shine.

So, my essential questions are:

What is my carbon footprint?
How much fuel do I use?
How much electricity do I use per month?
How much trash do I accumulate?

What can I do to reduce my carbon footprint?

Hopefully, with this project, I can do my part in reducing carbon output, and make a small impact on the environment.

No comments: